Join WalkingLab on the Bruce Trail in Hamilton, Ontario
April 1st, 2017 11am – 3pm (meet @ 10:45)
The 3 ½ hour loop trail will be activated by ‘pop up’ lectures and artistic interventions.
• Dr. Katherine Wallace, University of Toronto (Geology)
• Dr. Kaitlin Debicki, McMaster University (Tree communication, Indigenous Knowledge)
• Randy Kay, McMaster University (Squatting and occupation of parklands)
• Dr. Bonnie Freeman, McMaster University (Indigenous Journey Methodology on Foot)
• TH&B Art Collective, Hamilton (Artistic Intervention)
• ALSO: Earn hiking badges and pennants by artist Mary Tremonte
Please meet in the Chedoke Civic Golf Course Parking Lot at 10:45. The walk commences promptly at 11 am.
We are walking the Hamilton Bruce Trail – Chedoke to Iroquoia Heights Loop and then returning on Scenic Drive Side Trail (https://www.trailforks.com/region/iroquoia-heights-12952/map/)
This trail ascends a gradual incline up the Escarpment and for most of the trail we walk on a gravel or a well-defined path. However there are sections that are harder to navigate. The walk is about 9km.
Wear appropriate footwear and bring water and lunch for yourself.
Hamilton Artists Inc.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org